Data Usages & Cookies
Data Usage Policy
opt-out add on for all popular browsers.
When you create a user profile on our website we will collect your name and email address. We store this information securely on the back-end of our website.
As a searchable database on business and human rights, we sometimes publish and link information which includes personal details (like names and dates of birth). We only do this where the information is already in the public domain and we link to it (for example where we summarise a newspaper article). If your name or other personal details appear on our website and you would like them removed, please contact us to discuss this. We will review these requests on a case by case basis and make a decision to remove this information based on the type of information and whether it is necessary to include in our database.
- If you would like to unsubscribe from all Business & Human Rights Resource Centre communications, please contact us using the details here.
Please contact us directly to request to view, edit or remove your personal data:
- Email Microsoft Microsoft run Office 365, the subscription software service that hosts our email and document storage systems.
- Google Google’s Cloud Services, notably Google Forms, Sheets and Drive, are used on occasion to administer questionnaires.
- Worldpay Worldpay merchant services allows small and large businesses to take card payments securely online, over the phone or using card machines. We use them to process donations from our website.
- Circle Interactive Circle Interactive are a digital agency who host our CiviCRM contact management system on their secure servers.
- CiviCRM CiviCRM is a web-based contact relationship management (CRM) system. It allows an organisation to record and manage information about the various people and organizations it interacts with.
- Eventbrite is an event management and ticketing system. We use them to carry out event registration, keep track of event attendance figures and send out reminders.
- Fat Beehive are a website design agency for charity and not-for-profit organisations. They design, build and support our website, which is stored on Amazon Web Services servers.
- Amazon Web Services Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a subsidiary of Amazon.com that provides on-demand cloud computing platforms.
- FreeWill Freewill are a social venture who allow you to quick and easily create a last will and testament that includes a charitable donation. We partner with them to provide our Planned Giving service for US-based donors.
- Freshworks is a business software provider. We use their product, Freshteam, to process and track some of our job recruitments.
Google Analytics page.
Some of the content on our site is provided by third parties. This includes but is not limited to: Google Maps for interactive mapping, YouTube or Vimeo for hosted video and Flickr for images. When you visit a page containing content from one of these sites a cookie may be set. We do not have any control over these cookies and you should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you. If there is something that you aren't sure whether you need or not, it's usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
This policy was last updated on: 18/05/2020
May 18th 2020 (v1.1): Clarity added to how the Google Analytics cookie is set.